Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! (I'm a Thanksgiving Orphan again)


So I'm a bit sad that I once again was unable to go home to see my family this Thanksgiving (that's 3 years in a row for me). Thanksgiving is my favorite family holiday. It's much less stressful than Christmas, and the food is awesome. But it's too late to change things now. Instead, I will spend my Thanksgiving just kinda hanging around, and plan on seeing a movie at some point (probably Catching Fire). Then I get to go to work at 10PM tonight and work until 6AM tomorrow morning! I don't know about you, but I find anyone who feels compelled to go clothes shopping at 3AM to be absolutely insane. I'll muddle through tho.


Being that it's Thanksgiving, it is the customary time of year to reflect on all that we are thankful for. One of the things I am most thankful for this year is, of course, getting accepted into the Disney College Program. Despite all the stress and anxiety I've been experiencing as a side-effect of the impending changes in my life, I still feel incredibly lucky and blessed with the opportunity to do this. There are some great people doing this program, too and I can't wait to meet them. For once, I'm looking forward to the future, excited and hopeful, instead of looking at it and wondering what will go wrong. So thanks DCP! I can't wait for another 2 months to go by. 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment